- How do you know if your face mask or covering is working the way it should? Try blowing out a candle with your mask on. If you can’t blow out the candle, your mask is doing its job.
- Keeping your hands clean by washing them regularly can help fend off germs and send them down the drain. It’s a no-brainer, easy task, right? Actually, yes, it is, and washing your hands is good for your health.
- Been too busy to get the flu shot? You still have time, but don’t wait too long. If you can, get your flu shot today. “The flu season peaks here in Middle Tennessee from mid-January until March, and sometimes into April or May.
- We have come together to urge all Tennesseans in the strongest terms to fight community spread and flatten the curve of this virus. We will accomplish this by limiting the size of formal and informal gatherings and by wearing masks.
- Contact tracers have worked in public health for more than 100 years, helping to control and contain diseases to keep them from spreading.
- Flu and Covid-19 symptoms are almost the same. Not all people who may have Covid-19 have symptoms, though.
- Scammers are criminals who are want two things from you: your money and your personal information, especially your health information. Don’t be tricked into giving up either.
- We want you to get the care you need while avoiding infection during your visit to Nashville General Hospital. We will do our part to prevent infection. And we need you to do your part, too.
- The news these days feels like an endless stream of negativity. It can take a toll on your mental health. Not only yours, but your children, extended family and friends. Looking for some healthy ways to cope? Try these tips