NGH COVID-19 HOSPITAL AND CLINIC PATIENT VISTOR POLICY
EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2021 For the health and safety of patients and their families and staff, we have put the following guidelines in place to limit visitation, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Hospital & Clinic Patient / Visitor Policy
effective March 1, 2021
For the health and safety of patients and their families and staff, we have put the following guidelines in place to limit visitation, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Be assured that our patients are getting exceptional care from our outstanding physicians, nurses and staff, in a way that protects their safety and the safety of others.
EVERYONE visiting must:
- Be free of COVID-19 symptoms and a COVID-19 diagnosis and must not be waiting for COVID-19 test results.
- Have a temperature less than 100OF and not have any cold or flu symptoms.
- Clean hands each time you enter and exit a patient care area.
- Leave the Nashville General Hospital or Nashville Healthcare Center building as soon as your visit is over.
- Wear a face mask that fits well covering the nose and mouth at all times. Any person refusing to wear a mask will not be allowed to visit.
- Stay with the patient or in the patient’s room at all times except when using the bathroom.
- Practice social distancing, keeping 6 feet from others at all times.
- Each person visiting must complete a Health Assessment by answering COVID-19 screening questions each time they come to the hospital or clinic.
- Individuals screening positive will not be allowed to visit.
- Individuals screening negative will be given a wristband that must be worn at all times.
- A person visiting may be asked to leave a patient care area if safety or social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Food must not be eaten in patient rooms. Ask staff to suggest where you can eat.
- If you are at high risk for COVID-19 complications, please stay home.
Caring for You and Your Family During COVID-19
We want you to get the care you need while avoiding infection during your visit to Nashville General Hospital. We will do our part to prevent infection and we need you to do your part, too.
Revised COVID-19 Visitor Policy In Effect.
For the health and safety of our patients and staff, visitors are restricted from patient care floors.
Anyone under the age of 16 is not allowed to visit, except under extreme conditions approved by leadership.
- NICU (2 parents)
One Support Person
- Community Pharmacy
- The Food Pharmacy
- Medical Records
Other (Advanced Approval)
- End-of-life circumstances
One designated visitor per day allowed in the following areas during specified hours:
- Emergency Room NO VISITORS, unless accompanying a minor child or assisting patient with a disability or impairment
- ICU 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Labor & Delivery | Postpartum | NICU 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Medical/Surgical Floors 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
To help with these new rules, the front entrance to the hospital will be open 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. daily. The Emergency Department walk-in entrance will remain open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Patients will be asked to designate one person for the care team to communicate with and provide updates. We ask that family members and caregivers not call the unit unless it is an emergency.
We know communicating with friends and family is an important part of a patient's recovery. Please consider alternative communication methods, such as FaceTime, Skype, phone and text.