UPDATED NGH COVID-19 HOSPITAL AND CLINIC PATIENT VISITOR POLICY
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 6, 2021, For the health and safety of patients and their families and staff, we have put the following guidelines in place to limit visitation, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Hospital & Clinic Patient / Visitor Policy
effective August 6, 2021
For the health and safety of patients and their families and staff, we have put the following guidelines in place to limit visitation, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Be assured that our patients are getting exceptional care from our outstanding physicians, nurses and staff, in a way that protects their safety and the safety of others.
Download The NGH COVID-19 Patient/Visitor Policy
EVERYONE visiting must:
- Be free of COVID symptoms and a COVID diagnosis and must not be waiting for COVID test results.
- Have a temperature less than 100O F and not have any cold or flu symptoms.
- Wear a face mask that fits well covering the nose and mouth at all times. Any person refusing to wear a mask will not be allowed to visit.
- Practice social distancing, keeping 6 feet from others at all times.
- Stay with the patient or in the patient’s room at all times, except when using the bathroom.
- Clean hands each time you enter and exit a patient care area.
- Leave the Nashville General Hospital or Nashville Healthcare Center building as soon as your visit is over.
- Each person visiting must complete a Health Assessment by answering COVID-19 screening questions each time they come to the hospital or clinic.
- Individuals screening positive will not be allowed to visit.
- Individuals screening negative will be given a wristband that must be worn at all times.
- Anyone under the age of 16 is not allowed to visit, except under extreme conditions approved by leadership.
- A person visiting may be asked to leave a patient care area if safety or social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Food must not be eaten in patient rooms.
- If you are at high risk for COVID-19 complications, please stay home.
One designated visitor per day allowed, unless otherwise noted, in the following area during specified hours:
- Emergency Room - NO VISITORS, unless accompanying a minor child or assisting a patient with a disability or impairment
- Food Pharmacy - One support person, during regular operating hours
- ICU 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Labor & Delivery| Post-Partum | NICU
- One designated support person, 24/7
- One additional visitor, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Medical/Surgical Floors - One visitor, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Medical Records - Patient only, during regular operating hours
- Nashville Healthcare Center - One support person, during clinic visit
- Surgery - One support person, during surgery
If needed, additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided by NGH and must be worn at all times.
End-of-Life circumstances will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
Our physicians and staff reserve the right to further limit visitors, as needed, to maintain the safety of our patients.
Any other exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by the Chief Nursing Officer or designee.
To help with these new rules, the front entrance to the hospital will be open 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. daily. The Emergency Department walk-in entrance will remain open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Patients will be asked to designate one person for the care team to communicate with and provide updates. We ask that family members and caregivers not call the unit unless it is an emergency.
We know communicating with friends and family is an important part of a patient's recovery. Please consider alternative communication methods, such as FaceTime, Skype, phone and text.