Apple Glazed Sweet Potatoes
A tasty sweet potato side dish for your holiday dinner.
Sweet potatoes provide a number of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, calcium and potassium. They are also a low-fat source of fiber.
Serving size: ½ cup
- 2 1/2 cups 100% apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Combine apple juice, cinnamon and salt in a large skillet. Add sliced sweet potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat slightly and simmer potatoes, stirring occasionally for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and juice is reduced to a glaze.
- Serve hot.
Carefully eat with a fork and knife as the sauce will be hot. Serve with a side salad.
For more recipes like this, including written in Spanish, visit the Nashville General Hospital Foundation website . This site also includes information about The Food Pharmacy, which addresses food insecurity through the distribution of no-cost food totes filled with fresh produce and shelf-stable food.
NOTE: This recipe is relatively high in carbohydrates. This may impact people who are monitoring their carbohydrate intake and those with diabetes.
Each ½ cup serving provides: Calories: 180; Fat: 0 g; Saturated fat: 0 g; Sodium: 222 mg; Fiber: 4 g; Protein: 3 g; Carbohydrates: 40 g; Sugar: 23 g.