Nashville General Hospital (NGH) is Nashville’s original community- based hospital. Joint Commission accredited, NGH readily accommodates a wide range of needs from emergency services and acute care to ancillary and ambulatory services. NGH continues to maintain its strong commitment to the healthcare needs of Nashville and Davidson County underserved, while also providing care to all segments of the community.
First opening as City Hospital on April 23, 1890, on Hermitage Avenue, NGH relocated to the Meharry Medical College campus in January 1998. The relocation highlights the blending of two rich medical histories to provide one of the best healthcare facilities in the area.
Learn More About NGH