WHAT IS A MEDICAL HOME?
A Medical Home is a team based approach that provides an expanded level of service to our patients. We use the best and most current practices to meet their healthcare needs, and create a partnership between family or caregiver, primary care physician, and the healthcare team: nurse, nutritionist, educator, social worker, pharmacist, physician specialist and advocate.
OUR PATIENT–CENTERED APPROACH
We will work together as a team to coordinate services throughout the healthcare system. Your team’s goal is to ensure you receive the best care to become and remain healthy.
Your team will:
- Communicate with you: You will have time to speak with your team to ask questions and make sure you know and understand your plan of care during your visits.
- Educate you: We will make sure you have the information you need to make good decisions about your healthcare.
- Provide convenient care: Routine and urgent same day appointments are available to meet your needs.
BE AN ACTIVE PART OF YOUR HEALTH TEAM BY:
- Attending scheduled appointments
- Telling us about your other doctors so that we can work with them
- Making sure you understand how to care for yourself at home
- Following the care plan
- Letting a member of your team know if you are having trouble following the care plan
- Agreeing to contact the medical home before going to the emergency room for problems that are not life threatening
Our Board Certified physicians have extensive clinical expertise. In addition to your physician, your provider teams may include Meharry Medical College residents or medical students. As the primary teaching hospital for Meharry Medical College, we are committed to the medical education of future physicians.
As part of Nashville General Hospital at Meharry, the following services are readily available & easily accessible:
- Cardiac Stress Test
- CT Scans
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy